Even when your written application has pleased the adcom enough to send you an interview invite, that interview can still make of break your application. Unfortunately, by the time you get to that point you’re often so burnt out from writing essays that the prospect of more preparation, self-reflection and mock interviews, just begs for procrastination. This is why we’re assembling a handy guide so you can have all the best in interview-related resources at your fingertips.
Courtesy of Apply in the Sky:
- Interview Arbitrage: Why the process is broken, and how you can take advantage of it
- Interview Techniques: The START Method
- The interview tip that everyone forgets
- Make your weakness a strength (about essays, but the same advice applies to interviews)
Courtesy of other great MBA resources around the web:
- MBA Application Interview Strategy: A very comprehensive overview of the interview process, including what interviewers look for, how to address specific types of questions, and lots of useful do’s and don’t. Don’t be daunted by the slightly mystifying website layout: you need to scroll down a bit to get to the actual article.
- Business School Interviews: Another very comprehensive overview.
- Sample MBA Interview Questions: An extensive list of common interview questions. Great for practice interviews.
- 20 Weird Interview Questions that MBA Admissions Officers Ask to Trip You up: Great slideshow by Business Insider. You’ll never believe what doozies some applicants have had thrown an them. Chances are, you won’t get any of these questions specifically, but the lesson here is to be prepared for the unexpected.
- Acing the MBA Application Interview: Good article with perspective from actual admissions officers.
- You Can’t Wear That to an Interview!: Fun his & hers slideshows by Businessweek on what constitutes acceptable interview attire.
- What to Wear to the Interview: And finally, a reminder that going conservative is always your safest bet.
Bookmark this page for your reference, since we’ll be updating it regularly as we discover more great essay-writing resources.